Avoid OSHA fines and promote a safe workplace in Reading, PA, with forklift operator safety training from Royal Forklift.
Royal Forklift, headquartered in Pine Grove, PA, has served the material handling industry for over 40 years. We are an authorized dealer for new UniCarriers forklifts and Haulotte aerial equipment in Berks, Lebanon, Lehigh, and Schuylkill Counties, equipping accounts such as Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Tyson Foods, Walmart, FedEx, DHL, and many others.
We are also a premium supplier of all makes and models of high-quality used forklifts throughout Berks, Carbon, Columbia, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Northumberland, Schuylkill, and York Counties.
Training Your Forklift Operators
Nearly 100,000 American workers are injured every year in forklift accidents because of improper training or sheer carelessness on the job. This is an excellent reason to ensure that your operators are properly trained and certified to operate a forklift.
OSHA’s Powered Industrial Trucks Standard 29 CFR 1910.178 requires forklift operators to receive the following training:
- Formal instruction (including training videos, written materials, etc.)
- Practical training (demonstrations and practical exercises)
- Evaluation of the operator’s performance in the workplace
Training content must include topics such as:
- Operating instructions, warnings and precautions
- Forklift controls and instrumentation
- Vehicle capacity and stability
- Load manipulation, stacking and unstacking
- Proper maneuvering in narrow aisles and restricted places
- Pedestrian traffic in areas where the vehicle will be operated
- Vehicle inspection and maintenance requirements
In addition to their initial training, the performance of each forklift operator must be evaluated at least every three years. OSHA requires formal refresher training when:
- The operator is found to be operating the vehicle unsafely
- The operator has been involved in an accident or near-miss incident
- The operator has received a poor evaluation
- The operator has been assigned to drive a different type of truck (e.g., a sit-down rider truck vs. a stand-up truck)
- Changes in the workplace have occurred that could affect safe operation of the truck
Royal Forklift has extensive expertise in powered industrial trucks and the knowledge, training, skills and experience to train your forklift operators and evaluate their competence. Whether you require initial or refresher training, our OSHA-approved forklift training program covers all of these topics and more.
Our classroom training can be adapted to your specific type of lift truck or application(s). Training is done on-site and consists of safety videos, safety test, and a driving test and/or evaluation in the area the unit operates. Instructors grade each test on-site and issue licenses and certificates of completion.
Thousands of forklift-related injuries happen every year. Protect your employees, equipment, and materials in Reading, PA. When your forklift operators need safety training, get in touch with Royal Forklift today at 800-318-6722 to explore the options.