Your warehouse loading dock is a fundamental part of your business operations. Royal Forklift offers servicing and repair in Berks County, PA to keep your facility’s dock and door areas safe and productive.
Headquartered in Pine Grove, PA, Royal Forklift has served the material handling industry for over 35 years. In addition to forklifts and aerial access equipment, we are pleased to offer customers a full line of Nordock loading dock equipment, parts and accessories, as well as loading dock parts and accessories for Kelley, Serco, Blue Giant, and other brands of warehouse docks and doors. We are also an authorized Kelley Dock installer.
Industrial Dock & Door Servicing & Repairs
When you need industrial or overhead door repair in your facility, Royal Forklift technicians have the experience and the expertise to service your dock and doors accurately, affordably, and in a timely manner.
Our local factory-trained team can arrive onsite quickly and complete general maintenance, emergency repairs, PM services, installation and inspections, diagnosing and solving problems on all brands, makes and models of doors.
From door balancing to repair or replacement of springs, cables, slats and hardware, we can provide recommendations and solutions. We have a mobile welding and fabrication truck that tows a scissors lift, which enables us to take care of any necessary repair. We can also help you upgrade your warehouse doors when you need greater efficiency and security.
Loading Dock Safety Tips
Loading docks are notoriously dangerous. Experts say that about 25% of all reported warehouse injuries occur on the loading dock. The good news is that proper safety protocols can help prevent them.
- Identify areas where it’s unsafe to walk. One of the most common loading dock hazards is employees being hit by forklifts and other equipment. Mark the floors with tape to identify areas where walking is off limits.
- Use locking devices. When separation occurs, people can fall off the loading dock and get injured. Locking devices ensure that trailers won’t accidentally separate from the dock.
- Keep the area clean. Slipping or falling because of weather, spills or debris on the floor is another common cause of injuries. Clean the dock area on a regular schedule.
- Secure loose product. Before transporting products to and from trucks, be sure they are secure to prevent trips, falls and lifting injuries.
- Pad sharp corners. Place protective padding on the edges of sharp corners on the loading dock to prevent injuries when moving product from the truck into the facility.
- Educate workers. Make sure all employees are aware of the risks, hazards and safety rules related to working on a loading dock. A short introductory course can go a long way toward preventing injuries.
Looking for warehouse dock servicing and repair in Berks County, PA? Schedule a service appointment today, or get in touch with Royal Forklift at (570) 915-4103 to find out how we can meet your material handling needs.